A Kiss-Worthy DIY: Lip Exfoliation
A kiss-worthy DIY: Lip Exfoliation
Our skin, including our lips, NEED to be exfoliated regularly to get rid of unwanted dead skin cells. Perfect Image products are known for exfoliating the skin. But we don’t suggest our peels to exfoliate the lips since our lips can be sensitive and for the obvious reason that, we don’t want you ingesting chemicals. So here is a DIY lip exfoliator that will get you those beautiful, kissable lips.
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil
• 1 tablespoon organic honey
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 1/2 tablespoon lukewarm water
1. Mix the coconut oil and honey first.
2. Add the brown sugar and the lukewarm water to the coconut oil and honey.
3. Rub the mixture on your lips in a circular motion for two to three minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water.
Why This Works
The brown sugar is the exfoliant with its grainy texture. Coconut oil is known for its antioxidants and fatty acids, which nourish and moisturizes the skin. Honey helps with the healing process with its natural healing properties.
We found a great article from www.HappinessisHomemade.com on creating DIY lip balm to help nourish your lovely lips.