Beauty Rest: How Sleep Affects the Skin
How Sleep Affects the Skin
Not getting enough sleep causes:
• Dark under eyes…because blood vessels dilate when you don’t get enough rest
• Dull skin…from slower collagen production
• Inflammation…causing a weaker immune system
• Premature aging…skin can’t repair itself faster
More Sleep Time Means…
• Glowing Skin
• More Elasticity
• Less Wrinkles
• No dark circles and bags!
How to Improve Sleep
• Avoid eating grainy foods, sugary treats, and don’t drink caffeinated drinks.
• Keep your room dark and cool.
• Use cotton, breathable sheets.
• No TV’s, cellphones, or computers before bed.
• Sleep on your back instead of your stomach.